Reasons why your libido is low, non-existent. Sex is vital in one’s life. It is an effective means to provide not only physical pleasure but also the primary way of procreation. It has an important place in most relationships. But sex drive fluctuates according to your gender, your age and other factors. Sex drive may be high/very high in some people and low/very low, non-existent in others. It is common to see people who have a high sex drive experience a loss or decrease of libido. Low libido happens to both men and women. Having less sex is not necessarily cause for concern. But you may want to investigate if you have specific persistent symptoms such as being put off by any sexual activity or having no sexual fantasies whatsoever. This article provides some causes that could lead you not to want or to like sex.
Many reasons could lead to a loss or decrease of sex drive for women. These reasons include:
- Hormone changes: one of the biggest reasons for low libido in women is hormones changes. This often occurs with pregnancy, during, after and with breastfeeding. At menopause, women experience a decrease in oestrogen levels. It is causing, in some cases, dry vaginal problems, hence painful sex, ultimately leading to decrease sex drive.
- Mental issues: being mentally unstable can significantly affect sex life. Mental health problems include stress, anxiety, depression, lack of confidence, low self-esteem, having past trauma…
- Relationship issues: when a woman is not confident in a relationship that could lead to some blockages, including sexual. The tense atmosphere from arguing, distrust, lack of communication or disinformation could make women uncomfortable. And in some cases, it leads to a decrease or loss of libido.
- Medical issues: some diseases affect sex drive. These include hypertension, diabetes, arthritis…. some medications can as well decrease the libido.
- Frigidity: is when a woman is unable to have an orgasm during sexual intercourse. According to MedicineNet, \”The disorder can come from the psychological or emotional problem. It can also develop from the undesirability of a partner, the undesirability of the setting and the use of alcohol or drugs.”
These are some of the reasons that lead to a decrease or loss of libido in women. The list is not exhaustive. Most of these causes could be treated—constantly sick medical advice.
Men as well can experience a decrease in sex drive. Many reasons could lead to it.
- Low testosterone is a male hormone. Its level naturally decreases with age. It plays a role in sex drive. When testosterone levels drop too much, libido also decreases.
- Low self-esteem: low self-esteem is a significant factor that contributes to decreased sex drive in men. Things that could cause low self-esteem include body image, size of penis, premature ejaculation…
- Medications: some medications contribute to low or loss of sex drive.
- Stress and depression are also common reasons for decreasing sex drive.
These are some of the reasons that affect men’s libido. The list is not exhaustive.
Reasons why your libido is low, non-existent. Many reasons could lead to that whether you are a man or a woman. Some factors are only inerrant to women, some are also specifics to men, but there are some common reasons for both genders. When you are in this situation and are aware of it, it is advised first to seek to know the cause. Once you determine the reason, you can seek the appropriate help. Just know that regardless of the cause, support is available. Do you have any recommendations? Please share your comments in the section provided.