Ways to make time in parenthood for partners. Most couples complain that parenthood changes their relationships. They are unable to do the things they used to do together before having children. Some couples can manage, they found some form of compromise, but others missed the point, misunderstandings turned into arguments, and this sometimes results in separation or divorce. It may be challenging to make still time for yourself and your partner when you have children but still doable. The proof is there are many happy families around. So how do they do it? How do these couples manage to combine relationship and parenthood? Here we share some recommendations that may help.
1. HAVE A PROPER SCHEDULE FOR THE CHILDREN It may seem strict or challenging, but having a clear, proper schedule for your children may help. You cannot plan everything to the second but highlight the big plan. On regular days you should have a plan for the children for when they eat, study, sleep…As well plan what they do when it is not a school day. You should know-how, what and when to entertain them. You clearly allocate time to be together; for example, on Saturday, you can plan the afternoon activity with them, respect the time you put down for the move. Make sure to follow and stick to your timetable. That will help you free some time that you can use together later.
2. PLAN A DATE NIGHT Planning a date with your partner is a great idea; it is even better to do it regularly. It will keep you connected, strengthen the relationship, and keep the romance alive. It is easy to do so; it is excellent if you have someone who can babysit the children for free such as extended family members, otherwise Hire a trusted or professional babysitter to take care of the children. All you have to do is just enjoy each other company. You can Go to some fancy restaurants, cinema, clubbing…. or you can have a quiet romantic evening, in this case, you would drop the children at the childminders. Beautifully set up the setting accordingly.
3. SHARE THE HOUSE CHORES Nowadays, in most families both the couple are working. But it is not rare to see that most house chores are the wife’s responsibilities. In this case, the wife is quickly worn off and became very easily irritable. To make things fair and bearable, both partners should be involved in house chores. For example, the wife takes care of the kitchen, laundry, the husband helped by taking the garbage out, do some cleaning too. Both overlook the children schedule. This way, no one would feel taken advantage of. The household will be in harmony.
4. MAKE YOUR EVENINGS SPECIAL Make it a habit to make your evening count. Get together with your partner when the children are in bed, even if it is spending a small amount of time together. It could be just talking about your day or enjoying the quietness on the sofa, sharing a drink, making jokes, watching the TV… You should try as much as possible to reassure your partner that they are important.
5. KEEP THE ROMANCE ALIVE Develop or keep a romantic side. Show romance in your actions. for example, you can pay a compliment to your partner on their appearance. You can tell them how much you love them. You can send them romantic messages. You can give them flowers or little gifts… you may want to take any opportunity to let your partner know that they matter.
6. PLAN WEEKENDS AHEAD Make your weekends memorable. You should also have a schedule for the children on weekends, although you can make this one flexible. Just make sure to entertain the children, keep them busy, and then plan something extra with your partner. It could be planning an erotic evening or going out.
CONCLUSION Ways to make time in parenthood for partners include having a proper schedule for the children, planning dates night, sharing the house chores, making your evening special, keeping the romance alive, planning your weekends. Parenthood has made spending time with your partner challenging, but if you are creative and want to spend time with your partner, you need to set a routine. Make your schedule your priority. Limit your screen time and encourage discussion. Try to find simple moments with your partner because strengthening your relationship is very crucial. Do you have other ideas? please share them in the comments section.