Ways to set and achieve your goals. We all have goals, regardless of their size or importance. We commonly struggled to reach our goals or give up on them because of their size. That is when it is essential to know how to set and achieve goals. Because there is an effective way to set and achieve challenging goals, most goals are achievable; you need the right strategy, plan for it to achieve success. Following a good plan will help you overcome any challenge towards achieving your goals. Here are a few tips to guide you on setting and achieving your goals.
1. Set smart goals Set goals that are worthy because all goals are not the same. You should tackle your goals with a different approach. You may want to use a strategic and smart approach to achieve challenging goals. Your goals need to be clearly defined, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bounded to be smart.
2. Break your big goals into small ones Significant ways to set and achieve your goals involve breaking your big goals into small ones. Sometimes, the size of your goals may put you off because it is so big you think it is unachievable. The simple way to go about this one is to break it into smaller goals, then start by tackling those smaller goals one by one up to finish up all of them. Once you start, each step you take motivates you and brings you that much closer to reaching your overall goals. You will notice that doing so will encourage you to take the next step. You can achieve incredible results following this tip because while they may not seem monumental at the moment, all these daily tasks add up to tremendous accomplishments.
3. ‘Eating your frog’ ‘If the first thing you do each morning is to eat a live frog, you can go through the day with the satisfaction of knowing that is probably the most difficult thing that’s going to happen to you all day long when it is done’ said mark twain. Of course, here, your frog refers to your most challenging task of the day, the job you are afraid of doing but you know essential to you. Learn and implement the habit of ‘eating your frog’ before doing anything else. It helps to have a to-do list. When following this strategy, you can write your list a day before or early on the day for the tasks you need to do. Once you do the most complex job of the day, it becomes much easier to carry with the rest of your list.
4. Follow the Pareto principle The Pareto principle follow the 80-20 rule. The principle supports that 20% of your activities will usually account for 80% of your results in almost any area. It may be a good idea to learn about this principle and apply it to yourself. Doing so will allow you to prioritise what tasks will achieve the most significant result in the shortest amount of time. Hence prioritising accomplishing those tasks and do them first.
5. Celebrate any achievements One of the best ways to remain motivated towards achieving your goals is to reward yourself for any accomplishment, small or big. This could help you stay motivated in any situation. Staying motivated is crucial in achieving your goals. Whenever you check a task off your list, you should reward yourself. There are different ways of rewarding yourself, including treating yourself to a gift, taking time off, congratulating yourself, reflecting on your goal…any achievement takes you closer to your overall plan. These will keep you motivate and keep you updated on what remained to be done.
Conclusion: setting smart goals; breaking your big goals into small ones; ‘eating your frog’; following the Pareto principle, and celebrating any achievements will help you achieve success. Implementing these tips will help you tackle any goal you may have and keep you on track. All you have to do is to get started and not be afraid. Can you think of any other tips to share? Would you please share in the comment box below?